06/01/2009

Xbox for sale

Right,

I'm selling my Xbox. I brought it on a crazy whim after getting £200 extra back from an old flat deposit. Spent an extra £100 on games and a wireless Internet connection and subsequently lost about 5 months of my life, my ability to think and my girlfriend.

I got on this crazy drug, a dizzying high called Call of Duty 4. Nothing made sense anymore, I snapped at colleagues and friends alike literally just thinking about getting back online and tapping the right thumbstick. Thus garroting an American kid. Maybe throwing a smoke grenade...oh yeah, slowly.

In a weird way, it was the best of times but it was also starkly the opposite, I'd go so far as to say it was one of the single most depressing sections of my life. The first thing that hits you, playing at being an army man, is the breathing problems. The amount of respiratory disorders online is gruesome. A load of teenagers, wheezing away making some horrid comments. Not just horrid, some really out of order stuff, although that is mostly the Americans. Once though, I did hear three Manch teenagers ripping into some American kid who said some rubbish joke about Michael Jackson being like an Oreo or something. One just went, "No mate, no. That's really good mate. Where'd you get that, off the back of a Penguin bar". Mental.

Literally in all the time I spent on that infernal machine I could have become conversational in French, or really good at sex. Rather than being a sort of "Listen baby...it's just because I like you so much. Don't leave...please" type of guy.

CX

No comments: