26/01/2009

Thirteen fucking pounds


Thirteen fucking pounds.

Thirteen fucking pounds. £13. For 18 pictures processed at Snappy Snaps.

That's 72p a picture. 7" x 5", matt with no border.

I left 18 of my favourite pics from my recent travels in Snappy Snaps, one of the few remaining photo labs left on the high street, thinking it might be £3.50, maybe £4. It's 18 little bits of paper. They don't have to go to a dark room, they don't need to buy red bulbs. Nope, a spotty twat called Dean can just press print. He doesn't even have to do that, oh no, Dean is a workshy little bastard; dean just 'Ctrl + P's.

So for about 3.45 seconds work, a one hundredth of a colour ink cartridge and and 18 small pieces of paper, they charged me £13.

Thirteen fucking pounds. And some of the pictures come out shit.

So what have I learned? Well, yet again London has pushed me up against a wall and buggered me with its prices. I've also learned that rent is expensive in the West End (their excuse when I asked why they had just raped me) and I have learned that I am still stupid enough to hand over the money.

Dean is probably out now, spending my money on weed and Sainsbury's own brand cookies. While I am here with some below-average print work. Thank you Snappy Snaps, thank you.

1 comment:

Chris Cantrell & Jim Vanderpump said...

You know they charge extra for picutrres of a private nature.

Especially if the 'Nazi themed' box could be ticked.