15/01/2009

A literal stream of thought

Okay,

An observation and some general things. First off, if you see someone with a cassette player in 2009, something isn't right. I saw this chap on Oxford street, whipping out his Sony Walkman. For reasons I can't fully explain I was gripped with panic. This shell suited chap wasn't wearing it in some trendy Hoxton style way ("Hey, aren't cassettes like totally cool?" Not really, if we're honest. They got obliterated into history by the CD. It was Darwinism at it's most beautiful). I instantly thought, 'God, he got that as a gift from a visitor. He's loose!'.

Also, and I know I shouldn't be gutted but I am, Patrick Maghooan has died. I loved him and The Prisoner. I realised that I base a lot of my office persona on his Number 6. In these times of redundancies & cost cutting what you certainly don't need to do is act like a man who can't be bent by the system. If anything I should be defacing myself at every single turn to keep my job.

"I'm not a number!"

"No one said you were, this is a disciplinary hearing"

CX

No comments: