06/12/2008

Sent Items

...ouch,

I woke up this morning with my laptop whirring away next to me, a dry mouth & a crusty belly button. The browser had the 'Successful Post" screen on & I knew I'd come home, put some truth bombs down.

I had a little look at what I'd put up & decided to delete it. I'm not sure if that's the correct blogging etiquette, but as I pointed out to my friend Rob (author of this crazy bullshit that's going to land me in an interrogation room with people demanding to know if I have any clue about his whereabouts), the world of the blog is ultimately not as important as the world of...well, the world. Rob was explaining about blogs to our friend who is blog less, he's a normal person, he goes out, plays football has sex with girls. Rob then made a statement which I found worrying, explaining that he now "reads more blogs then he reads the news". His thinking is that there are people out there with a wealth of opinions, very knowledgeable on key subjects with pressing & valid opinions. This isn't the case at all, the crux of it is that really the people who blog are a pasty mixture of mouthy weirdo & attention seeker. Often saying wild, unsubstantiated things. Stick to the news.

Yeah so, my blog was related to people I work with, it sited specific names, departments stuff like that. I'm not going out like that, Rob did though. He wrote some stuff about his old employer and they had rid of him. Which is ridiculous. I know that when they finally get a case together for me it'll most likely be for my flippant nature, rampant unprofessionalism & sexual terrorism.

1 comment:

RobW said...

Truth nuggets. I'll give you truth nuggets.