13/12/2008

God Bless You


I have just been blessed on the train. 

Some old fellow with a limp and a bible in his pocket went round our carriage and blessed us repeatedly. He mumbled something about some 'Jesus' person and then he asked the Devil to leave us.

Now, I am not going to turn down a quick blessing, God knows I could do with one. But I don't like the assumption that the Devil is in me, or that if he is I want him removed. He might be the best bit of me for all I know. And now Wacky McBlessyou had rid him from me. I might wake up tomorrow all forgiving. Or I might give to charity. Or I might even be joyful and triumphant.

Shit. I have just bought a cardigan which wouldn't look out of place in a Anglican disco. And I gave up my seat on the last leg of my tube ride...I might have lost my Beelzebub mojo....

Nope. Just had some very unchristian thoughts, phew. Come to think of it, he did spend most of his time blessing a black guy and then yelling at him. Maybe he was just a crazy old racist.


No comments: