24/11/2008

Live Blogging

we have been debating over the merits of live blogging (yes, we. this blog has two bloggers now, deal with it) and it seems to be a point of contention.

On one side blogging is a new art - it's a bit edgy, a bit rough and is certainly raw. But on the other hand we all have PDA 3G ITV 64MB ADSL interweb 5 megapixel Nav4 in-yo-muthafuckin-face phones that have WAP coming out of their arses (well, we don't all have these devices. Only us mugs who were outsmarted by Waz in the o2 shop do), so we should live blog with them, use their technology. Blog there and then, right in the thick of it, as it happens, live web streaming mp4. Click on the web link and hook up to the main frame. BAM.

It hasn't happened yet. One of us thinks it's dumb and unnecessary, the other can't get it working on his phone. I can get BBC football live scores, got that down, but I can't get blogging. I can take photos and I can text. And I know how to set the alarm.

It's because I am not 18 and called Waz and work in an o2 shop, wearing an iPhone as part of my uniform. I was conned into this device. I know it can do a lot of things, James Bond has it, and I know for sure they put a man on the moon with a lot less technology than I have in my pocket. But I can't get it to blog.

Anyway I wanted to live blog tonight as I was in a bar and they served hotdog with mash. It needed spreading. People needed to know there and then that hotdog and mash was out there. But I couldn't tell the world as I can't live blog. I can only blog from my mac at home. Like a fucking cave man.

Yes. Hotdog and mash. Think of that. But of course, it's old hat now. We have all heard of hotdog and mash. Because it's already out there, with a JPEG and a RSS feed. Twittering away or something like that. I was just too late.

1 comment:

Chris Cantrell & Jim Vanderpump said...

Yes,

This is Lee, he'll be a semi-regular poster on here now. He's a bit 'wordy' if you catch my drift. (Gentlemen, gentlemen - wink wink).