22/11/2008

The Kings Arms

Went out, saw some excellent graffiti in The Kings Arms in Soho. It turns out that gay pubs are a rich seam for some fairly unique wall art. Yeah, a few of them were just blokes names with a mobile number next to it. God knows why, it might be a hobby club or something.

First off there was this one (left), which took up like an entire wall. My favourite bit is the little 'sorry' shooting from the tip. God knows what that says but I'm guessing there's definitely a case of the childhood summer that you'd most like to forget attached to it. I've attached a couple more below. My friend wanted to do this actually in the pub, something to do with 'live-blogging' , which was a little bit much really. To be honest, I think he lives a little bit too much in 2009.

I took couple more which I've posted below. Naively, my friend didn't realise we were in a gay pub and was actually a little bit scared because of all the blokes with (exquisitely shaved) goatees & bald heads, thinking we were in some sort of football hooligan meeting spot.
Below are the other pics I took. The Swastika one is frankly curious but I really like the clearly masoginistic tone of the 'stinky vagina' pic. One funny thing we did hear was as follows:
"Yeah, you do know it's a lesbian bar?"
"Ooh, arguments"

No comments: