13/10/2008

A couple of reviews & some social commentary


Hey,

I watched that new Peter Kay mocumentary thing last night, like an X Factor style paraody. I think the lesson I took away from that was that you can not parody that which is already a joke. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't love X Factor. I think I was fairly close to tears when Bad Lashes didn't get through. It was a travesty, even their weak link (the one in a reality TV girl/boyband, who's a bit ropey) was decent. I love X Factor, the best way to spend a SUnday is by sitting your pants, screaming "No, too fat, who's the market for this?"

I've also watched a couple of movies this week, Hitman, which was shite. Really badly, written by 15 year old marketing executives. Also, from playing the game I had developed an idea that Hitman was meant to be homosexual. Although, me & my housemate both thought that maybe he was meant ot be sexless, like a flower. Also watched The Mist, which was fucking awesome. With a truely haunting ending.

No comments: