09/03/2009

CHICKEN AND RIB TIME! Kebab and Burger Centre

It doesn't make sense does it?

Every day I see this sign outside the restaurant as I come out of Manor House station and it drives me crazy. Think about it. 'CHICKEN AND RIB TIME!' says to me this place sells chicken and ribs. And that's fine, there definitely aren't enough places in London that sell fatty meats. If I wanted chicken or ribs, I would definitely consider an establishment that is promoting itself as a place where both chicken and ribs are ready to go, ready to eat, any time. All the time. There is even a picture of a chicken, holding a rib, looking at his watch. Perfect.

But then they are telling me it's a 'Kebab and Burger Centre'? This makes no sense, my Turkish friends. You just told me, not three inches ago, that your restaurant ticked along to chicken and ribs. It's 'CHICKEN AND RIB TIME!' for God's sake. And now it's a place for burgers and kebabs too? Does the watch-wearing, rib-guzzling chicken know about this?

Why not call it 'CHICKEN AND RIB AND BURGER AND KEBAB TIME!' or the 'Chicken, Rib, Kebab and Burger Centre'? Or just 'Takeaway Hut' or 'Top Foods'?

So what are you better at 'CHICKEN AND RIB TIME! Kebab and Burger Centre'? Is it chicken and ribs, or is it burgers and kebabs? I mean you are a burger and kebab centre. But you are also a place where it's chicken and rib time.

It bugs me so much, every night, that one day I am going to smash that sign to fucking smithereens. The go next door for a kebab, because they are just called 'Manor House Kebabs', and you know what they are good at.




2 comments:

Nostias said...

Yes, when I pass it I think the same thing.

Anonymous said...

You want to ignore the kebabs and hop straight into costcutter's frozen section. They have some really weird things in there. Frozen squid legs mixed with rollmops- a polska delight